+91 11 29533227

info@irenes.co.in

Interesting facts about coffee

1. The most expensive coffee in the world is made from elephant dung, and it’s called Black Ivory
coffee. It costs $50 per cup. Luwak, aka civet, coffee is made by feeding coffee beans to mongoose
and then using its feces. It costs $160 per pound.

2. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth after oil.

3. George Washington invented instant coffee! No, not the first POTUS. A Belgian man living in
Guatemala by the name of George Washington invented it in 1906.

4. Expresso isn’t a type of coffee. It is just a way that coffee is prepared.

5. Originally coffee was eaten. African tribes mixed coffee berries with fat which formed edible
energy balls.

6. 70% of the world drinks Arabica coffee which is mild and aromatic. The remaining 30% drinks
Robusta which is more bitter tasting but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica.

7. In the ancient Arab culture there was only one way a woman could legally divorce: If her husband
didn’t provide enough coffee.